Learning Activities C4 Report
DAY 1: Monday 2nd of May 2022
- Reception of participants.
- Train leaves from Manchester Oxford Road to Chester.
- Cohesion of the work team/ Cultural visit Chester.
- Lunch: Moules a-go-go, 6-12 Cuppin St, Chester CH1 2BN.
- Cohesion of the work team and back to Manchester.
DAY 2: Tuesday 3rd of May 2022
- Train departs Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe.
- Arrival at Crewe station.
- Reception of the management team of the Leighton Primary Academ.
- Visits and observations of classes (ages 2-11).
- Talks by the CEO about education of children from a diverse and low.
- Lunch at school.
- Socio-economic background, Early Years education and literacy across the curriculum.
- Analysis, discussion and reflection on the visit of the participants.
- Train back to Manchester.
DAY 3: Wednesday 4th of May 2022
- Reception of Manley Park Primary School. Welcome by Ms Rushna Avari, Senior Deputy Headteacher / Professional Mentor for Trainee Teachers.
- Teaching of Phonics in a Multilingual School. Mr. Jonathan Way (Literacy lead).
- Observation of phonics lessons (in groups – ages 3-7 years).
- Analysis, discussion and reflection on the visit.
- Travel to Didsbury. Coffee and Light Snack.
- Tour of the Forest School and Observation of Sessions (School in the Woods)
Address: Nell Lane, Manchester. M20 2DU.
- Analysis, discussion and reflection on the visit of the participants and exchanges
of good practices at Brooks Building, MMU.
- Closing program.